History of the Ploughshare
There has been a public house on the present site since 1575. It has always been a friendly meeting place and a centre of village life. It's where friendships have been forged, love matches have been made, quarrels have been patched up and where many a colourful tale has been told, and many a glass of Beestons own award winning ale has been downed.
Of late, though, erratic management has caused the pub to close. The pub has already lost it's garden to two new houses, and the developer who owns the pub and land wants to replace the pub with more houses.
@beestonploughshare on Facebook
Henry Dennett (Chair) 07702481984
Julie Lawrence (Secretary) 07884490127